Sunday, July 15, 2007

Today.

Babies are so gullible, today in an attempt to entertain Elly, who was fussing and crying, I put her pacifier in my mouth, backwards and grabbed a clean sock and put it on my head, she was shocked, actually stopped crying mid scream, she had no clue, poor baby. She has teeth coming in on the bottom, sharp little teeth, I have been wondering who has not been putting the knife sharpener away.......

She can crawl, sort of, but mostly she like to walk along side of things, if you lay her on her back she thinks the world has up and ended, unless you give her a bottle, then she is like well, OK, then its not so bad, are you sure I can't drink this standing up though?

Evs has gone mad over motorized vehicles, we are getting new ditches on our road, we are also getting free fill, so several times a day the dump truck drives in with another load and every time Everett nearly faints with joy, now they are parking there backhoe in our field and Evs can't sleep for the wonder of it, LOL. We were at a garage sale, next to some railroad tracks and train went by while we were there, it was all we could do to keep Evs from going utterly mad. He is hilarious, if he is inside and a plane goes over, he starts screaming, Plane, Plane! and runs outside, trying to drag us all along to see, its like he got this mad obsession overnight and now we are stuck with it.

Some of my favorite red dwarf quotes:

Lister: The red, green and blue alert signs are all flashing. What the smeg does that mean?
Kryten: Well either we're under attack sir, or we're having a disco.

"You can't frighten me, I'm a coward. I'm scared all the time." -- Rimmer, Horsemen of the Apocalypse

"What do we do, whisper 'charge', tippytoe up to them all screaming 'shhh' and chloroform them with Lister's armpits? -- Rimmer

"Purple alert!"
"What's a purple alert?"
"Well it's sort of worse than a blue alert but not quite as bad as a red alert. Could be a mauve alert..." -- Holly and Lister

So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

"Look at what he's given me for dinner: a pea on toast. One pea. I tell you, I'm that far from cracking. [goes to squish the pea; it snaps away] I've lost my pea! Oh, that's it! I've cracked."

-Rimmer

No comments: