Sunday, January 6, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


We just got back from the A's house, we had dinner there and Sister A sent us home with a bowl full for lunch tomorrow, well on the way home Ella was sitting on my lap ( we live a couple hundred feet away and its too cold to walk) and I had the bowl on my lap well Joff pulled up to the house and I looked at Ella and there she is with her cheeks full of pototoes and soup dripping down her chin, lol, it was so funny.


Christmas (to backtrack just a little:) was fantastic, I couldn't sleep I was so excited to see how the kids liked there presents, but the kids and joff slept fine, go figure! Anyhow the kids LOVED there presents! At one point Alice started to open up an art kit and before she got it all the way open she came over and gave me a big hug saying

"Oh Mommy! Thankyou Mommy! Thankyou!"

My kids really, really like paper:)


New Years Eve was one of the better ones I've had, I have this special hatred of the night, but to keep myself from becoming gloomy I won't go into it now. We watched a Fred Astaire movie, it was pretty good and we watched Single Ward 2 which was very funny. We watched the Evil Hated Ball drop and then came home and went to bed!

Hmmm I have a storyboard I did of Alice lets see if I can post it.
Ah it worked good.
Some New Years quotes I dug up:
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.Bill Vaughan


I love, love this next one:)
Why won't they let a year die without bringing in a new one on the instant, can't they use birth control on time? I want an interregnum. The stupid years patter on with unrelenting feet, never stopping - rising to little monotonous peaks in our imaginations at festivals like New Year's and Easter and Christmas - But, goodness, why need they do it? ~John Dos Passos, 1917
John I Agree!








No comments: