Sunday, February 1, 2009

A tad obsessed maybe?

So Elli is two and she still has a bottle ( I know, I know I swore to never let my kids have a bottle past one, I am a miserable failure, blah, blah, blah.)

There are a few signs she is a bit obsessive about her bottle, it wasn't until yesterday I realized just how far she has gone. Here is what happened;

Elli's aunt Cindi made her a small crocheted blanket for her doll, all is well until she ditches the doll after a couple of days and adopted a pink elephant, the elephant is loving the matching new blanket until yesterday when I find the poor elephant abandoned and crying underneath the dining table, apparently he was blanket-less and cold and headed straight for the island of lost toys, I went in search of the blanket and neglectful momma, I found her snuggled up to her bottle on the couch the little crocheted blanket wrapped lovingly around it, she looked up at me smiling, bottles blanky she said and then she literally shhh'd me.

Is therapy the next step? My plans for going all cold turkey on her seem somehow cruel and destined to cause severe mental trauma at this point, I already tried a phasing out and that didn't work out to well, this is a girl who is dedicated and loyal.
I'll take either suggestions or crochet patterns. Or both:)
K~

1 comment:

Josie said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! How cute is that! Kids sure have a mind of their own dont they!