Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Candy Apples are Evil

I don't like Candy Apples, never have.
But I do love my kids, So we made Candy Apples last night. I just used the recipe off the back of the caramel bag. I Combined the caramel and water in a saucepan at medium heat and I stirred. And stirred. And stirred. And stirred. At some point my arm went numb and I threw the caramels in a bowl and nuked emm in the microwave. Then I dipped the apples, pouring the caramel around them like the stupid bag said and I got stuck, alot, I finally was satisfied that there was enough caramel around the apples to pull more then one set of teeth and put them in the fridge.
After dinner we got them out, they kids managed to get caramel all over themselves, the table and the kittens without actually eating anything. I am never making them again. Ever.

No comments: